Sunday, September 22, 2013

Kicad's Middle Mouse Panning

I played with KiCad before and made very small progress learning that tool because I thought there is no middle mouse panning feature. Since I am inclined to Eagle, Kicad's lack of middle mouse panning button turned me off. But I was wrong! To my surprise, Kicad has a middle mouse panning feature. However and surprisingly, it is not enabled by default (I used Windows installer).

To enable this:
- On Schematic Editor, go to Preferences > Options. Then check the Use middle mouse button to pan.
- On PCB Layout Editor, go to Preferences > General > Pan and Zoom. Then check the Use middle mouse button to pan.

In my opinion, this should be enabled by default or there should be a start-up option after the first time installation and let the user choose if they want this feature or not.

Now, I think I am ready to jump out of the Eagle bandwagon. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment