Monday, November 30, 2009

Alexan's Electronic Drum Kit: A Review

Recently, I am planning to buy a drum set just for home use. But I remembered that Alexan has an Electronics Drum Set and I want to give it a try.

So I rushed at Alexan and bought an Alexan's Drum Set for 600+Pesos.



Building it is fairly easy as the schematic is already provided. However, there are some values not listed on the BOM of the schematic like the capacitor in the kit I bought. And there are traces that are shorted on the PCB (luckily, I used a bench power supply that has an Over Current Protection).

Here is the final assembled piece:



There is an output for the amplifier and there is a provided built-in amplifier section in the schematic for the mini speaker. (driven by LM386)

I would probably say that the sound quality using the provided speaker is good vs the price of the kit. I tried putting it in an amplifier and it is ok as well. Maybe this December, me and my former band mates will meet, and will try to use this one hooked up on an amplifier and will post the results here.

10 comments:

  1. Great Post! People are increasingly turning to outsourced software product development in these times.

    ReplyDelete
  2. seven string if you could possibly upload the schematic to my email ad nes_22654@yahoo.com. thanx so much

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello! Just wanted to ask kung anong klase yung electronic drum set ng Alexan? :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Artemis,

    Yung drum kit nya is being triggered by push button. It can be modified and be triggered by a piezo to be able to create a real drum kit.

    Hi Nestor,

    Unfortunately, I lost the schematic already (it is printed on a paper). I didn't have the chance to take a picture of it. :(

    ReplyDelete
  5. Also, I noticed that imageshack removed my pictures. I will try to look for my archives and will repost the pictures again.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The particular merger connected with electronic electronic devices together with traditional acoustic drums would be the electronic digital drum something each a tad bit more as well as a minor less than an old-fashioned drum collection.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You make so many great points here that I read your article a couple of times. Your views are in accordance with my own for the most part. This is great content for your readers. electronic drum set reviews

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi SevenString,

    Buhay pa ba yung Kit mo na to? Meron ka bang sample vid?

    ReplyDelete